Portrait & Figurative Painting with a Limited Palette with Dominique Medici
Saturday and Sunday, July 13th and 14th, 2024
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
This is an oil painting workshop. All levels welcome but some experience is recommended.
I am excited to welcome Dominique Medici back to teach a portrait and figurative painting workshop at PFA Studio.
Dominique is widely respected for her beautiful portraits and her teaching ability. I know she is good because I have taken several workshops from her myself.
In this Portrait and Figure painting class, we work from a live model and learn how to demystify portrait and figure painting by breaking down the pose with a manageable and systematic 4-step process. We learn how to accurately mix any color by working with a limited palette of 7 colors. The primary palette will deepen our understanding of the relationship between hue value and chroma. We will learn how to mix flesh tones in 3 simple steps. The First Day will be long figure poses with one model. The Second Day will be portrait painting in the morning and clothed figure in the afternoon.
Why Attend this Workshop?
● Watch Dominique demo and show you a process of painting in clear and consecutive steps.
● We will use the basics of color theory to learn a simple color mixing process.
● Learn to mix any color accurately and consistently in just three steps.
● We will learn a 4 step process to break down the portrait into manageable steps.
● Use a chromatic primary palette of 7 colors designed to help you master color.
● Use these skills to create two paintings by the end of the weekend.
Who is this workshop for?
● All skill levels but some previous experience is a plus. Skill level is not that important, although basic drawing and color theory skills are a plus.
● It is for any student interested in receiving instruction and willing to put it into practice.
Dominique Medici is a figurative oil painter based in Seattle. She studied in London and has exhibited both nationally and internationally. Medici has received awards from The Portrait Society of America, Art Renewal Center, Oil Painters of America, Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club, among others. Dominique has undertaken numerous portrait commissions and her work is displayed in many private collections throughout the US and Europe, Dominique has a passion for teaching and teaches workshops and online painting classes.
Jamie Lightfoot is an oil painter and owner of Picket Fence Art Studio.
Mondays: 1:00 - 3:00, and 6:00 - 9:00 pm
Tuesdays: 2:00 - 8:00 pm
Wednesdays: 3:00 - 9:00
Thursdays: 4:00 - 6:00 pm
Fridays: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Saturdays: Noon - 5:00 pm
Also by appointment